Saturday, January 15, 2011

XOSize Race 3 Race Report

New Year first race of 2011. This week in Melbourne we have had a lot of rain and during my walk through yesterday of the course the bay looked dirty and I really thought the swim would be canceled today.


Nope it was on! So I went out to the first Can and you could not see a thing but the water was clean (ie. Tasted ok). My Age Group was first up and off we went my swimming is improving but not quickly as I would like. Once I got back to transition got on my bike and the ride was very strong and very fast I think I passed some 20 people out on the road. Once back in on with the runners and out again for a 2km run. I got say the 3 blokes who had a really big night last night and were still going this morning you guys should try a Tri and see how your bodies feel. The amount of crap they give us (mainly the girls) was unbelievable. We got it both ways running out and on the way back in.

I didn’t look at the time after I finished, but the times sent to me put a smile on my dial. 41m 51s a PB!!!

Wahhhoooo


Here are the times

Overall time 41:51,2
Overall Place 154

Swim 07:33.5
Bike 23:50.8
Run 10:26.9

Placings M40+ 25
Gender Place 111

Sorry no Transition times Will post these and pics when I get them.

Next Race well it’s busy until the end of March. Here is the schedule – plus their might be one more running event.

• 26th January MMad Swim @ Mt Martha Life Saving Club
• 6th Brazilian Butterfly Queen of the Lake
• 11th/12th Go the Tan
• 27th February XOSize Tri Series 10/11 Race 4 (Sandringham)
• 6th March Active Feet Fun Tri Race 5 (Elwood)
• 20th March Active Feet Fun Tri Race 6 (St Kilda)
• 27th March XOSize Tri Series 10/11 Race 5 (Brighton)

No comments:

Post a Comment